The main strength of a ‘Three-barrier Solution’ from SKF, lies in its protective characteristics. Having an SKF SNL/SAF housing with SKF Taconite sealing, a cavity grease in the housing, and a sealed SKF Explorer spherical roller bearing, effectively defends the bearing from the most challenging of external contaminants.
- Designed to protect against the heavy dirt, dust, anjd high-p[ressure washdowns found across mining and aggregates operations.
- Able to offer superior protection from external contaminants and retain grease effectively.
- Highly-suitable for use in conveyor applications in waste-handling facilities.
- Average lifetime of 3x longer than an open bearing, providing longer maintenance intervals, and reducing total cost of ownership.
- Upgraded SKF three-barrier solutions means re-greasing is needed only on a biannual basis, saving time, costs, and improving safety for maintenance engineers.
- New SKF Explorer performance class specifications features high-quality steel and an improved heat treatment process.
- SKF SNL/SAF housings allow for faster mounting and dismounting, can handle heavy loads, and offer improved heat transfer for longer lubricant life.
For more information about the SKF three-barrier solution, contact your local Hayley Group branch.